Welcome to the Small Fandoms Flashfiction community!
This community has been modeled on the flashfiction and weekly challenge communities in our other favorite fandoms and will follow roughly the same rules.
(As a general rule, any fandom that has over 7,000 fanfic would not be considered small for purposes of this community.)
1. Challenges will be posted every two weeks sometime on Wednesday and you will then have two weeks to respond to the challenge.
(Late challenge responses will be accepted, so if this week’s challenge doesn’t inspire you, check out our past challenges. Just remember to include the challenge in the subject line as set forth below so we know how to tag it.)
2. You must be a member to post, though not to comment.
3. All ratings, pairings (gen, het, slash, femslash and threesomes), and genres (AU, Angst, Fluff, Humor, H/C, PWP, etc) are welcome here, as long as the story satisfies the conditions of the challenge and is written in a small fandom.
~Revised~ 4. RPF is generally not allowed; it will only be allowed if the real person has been fictionalized. For example, you may submit a prompt regarding Alexander the Great so long as the prompt is based on a fictional source such as the movie Alexander, or for Napolean if the source is, say, Temeraire (Naomi Novik). RPF fandoms such as Top Gear or J2 will not be allowed.
~Revised~ 5. Crossovers are allowed, but both fandoms must be small.
6. You may post your fic in the community, or merely post a link to it in your own journal. If you post the fic here, please post everything except the header behind a cut.
(The only exception to this rule is if your journal is locked you must post the fic here in the community.)
6a. When posting a challenge response, please post your fic or fic announcement to either community, but not to both. If you post to LJ, your fic/announcement will be imported to DW with the next import. If you choose to post to DW, your fic/announcement will only appear on the DW comm.
7. Your fic should be at least 100 words in length. There is no maximum size, but short fic are both welcomed and encouraged.
Regardless of the length of your story, if you choose to post it here in the community, please only post it in a single part; the LJ limit on post size is very large and should not be a problem for flashfic. If your story exceeds that size (approx 11,000 words or 15-20 pages), you may post it in two parts. If your story needs special formatting that LJ can't accommodate, please feel free to post it at a separate website and post a link to the website instead.
8. To make it easier for me to tag your stories, please include "Fandom, Character/Pairing, Challenge, Author Name" in the subject line of your post. Stories will be tagged by challenge name, author, fandom and character/pairing.
9. Please include a header with at least the following information:
10. You must include spoiler warnings for on-going series, recently released books, movies still in the theater, etc. Use your best judgment.
11. Only challenge responses should be posted here. This is not the comm for questions or announcements or pimping your own communities (unless you’re a small fandom comm and you affiliate with us, in which case, I’ll pimp your community *g*). Any OT posts will be deleted.
12. Flaming will not be tolerated.
Please suggest challenges! Challenge suggestions should be posted in the comments section of the previous challenge post.
Your mod is spikedluv. If you have any questions you may contact me at spikedluv @ livejournal.com